Lately I've been wondering how I would get along in my own little apartment. A lot of my friends live somewhat independently (more so than I am, at least!), and a little part of me wishes that I could have that freedom to have my own apartment and do whatever I please! However at this point in my life, I'm really thankful and happy that I get to live with my parents and continue having my own room, bathroom, and closet all to myself. So I will just day dream and collect ideas for one day in the future that I actually do get my own place.
Here are some photos that sum up what I've been imagining lately. Lots of shelves and storage for tiny little places. Of course, that would be a huge hassle to dust all the time, but it would look so great! Neat and tidy, but still fun and eclectic.
This is such a gorgeous little nook to hide the bed. I love all the open shelves for storage and how clean and crisp it looks! Sweden has the best apartments! View more pictures here.
Another cute way to create more storage. I probably wouldn't keep that pop of red since I prefer a more neutral (cough, blank) color scheme, but I love the white cloth bins on the floor. I actually have a few white cube containers stacked up around my current room, and they're seriously great! Some more organization ideas can be found in this slideshow.
I am loving this room. Seriously, I want to recreate something similar to this in my place one day! The only thing I would worry about is books falling out of that shelf everywhere, which really would be a pain to clean. View more pictures of this little Ukraine apartment here.
My last super duper want is a little hidden space like this. It doesn't necessarily have to be a mini office (actually, I'd prefer that it wasn't), but I just love the idea of being able to have a whole cute and functional space hidden away in some cupboard. You never know what's hiding behind anything! Other storage space ideas can be found in the slideshow here.
So yup, that's it for now! What are some ideas that you'd love to incorporate in your future apartment or home? Or perhaps some of your favorite ideas that you've already brought into your spaces? Let me know!
Disclosure: I do not own nor do I take any credit for the pictures in this post.




i think a closet office is such a smart idea for people who do not have the biggest flats in the world. i also am a big fan of the first photo you picked. lovely :) enjoy the time being spent with your family though before you have to start paying bills for a place all your own! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lovefromberlin.net/
xx rae
I definitely will! It's great to be with family (: thank you!
Deletexx
i keep wanting to redo my room but a part of be can't bring myself to do it because its so much memory and all the decor is from when I was younger! When we do finally move out (if ever :P) apartment decor will be tres fun! we're such homebodies... :P xo
ReplyDeleteRedo your room and incorporate back in the little memories and bits and pieces! :D Haha we should totally just move in together a long ways down the road and make our place awesome!!
Deletexx
I also can't wait until I get to move out of my parent's place and have that extra bit of freedom although the responsibility that comes with having an apartment is also pretty daunting.
ReplyDeleteThe responsibilities that come with being an adult are all pretty daunting! Can't believe how quickly they seem to creep up on you!
Deletexx
Ohh, these rooms are gorgeous! Very inspirational! Great post, thanks for sharing ;)
ReplyDeletexoxo
CoverGirl + Converse
Thanks! I am in serious love with these rooms, haha glad you like them too
Deletexx